Apply to Foster
Five Rivers Office Finder
Please enter the First 4 digits of your postcode, we'll allocate a local Fostering office to your enquiry.
Assessment and Therapy Overview
Five Rivers offers a comprehensive range of Assessment and Therapy services that enable each looked-after child tohave access to resources appropriate to their need.
Our approach is both clinical and therapeutic and based upon well developed theories, through this we are able to deliver high impact sector leading services.
Over two decades Five Rivers has drawn on well-developed theories underpinning our work of even greater importance is our understanding and experience of how to put theory into practice.
Within each service, practitioners are selected to deliver targeted interventions, therapeutic communication and emotional competence through authentic warmth within authoritative parenting style which predicts child well-being across a wide spectrum of services. Our Assessment and Therapy Services are part of the core of the organisation, enabling us to deliver phychological well-being for the children we commit to looking after.
Assessment is carried out comprehensively prior to and during early stages of placement refining and clarifying the needs of each child. This assessment is reviewed regularly and updated as there is progress and further needs become apparent.
"Each Child is understood within a framework linked to therapeutic interventions and positive Outcomes"
Vision And Values
- To provide an evidence based practice model of Integrated Child Care to ensure a ‘positive trajectory’ of outcomes for all looked after children;
- Every child is unique and deserves the best support to maximise their potential and ensure recovery from adverse childhood experiences;
- Every child has the right to experience the optimal care environment and parenting practice to meet their needs and as an organisation we will strive to support each child to attain a family type placement (where assessed as appropriate as part of their Individual Integrated Care Plan
- Evidenced based assessment needs to be able to assess change and effectiveness of an integrated care plan
- As the individual child’s needs change and evolve, it is essential that the consideration of placement needs are continually assessed to ensure its optimising developmental, educational, health, social and emotional needs
- To provide expert guidance and commitment to those we work in partnership with to strive to attain the best possible outcomes for each and every child.
Our integrated care model which is provided by the application of the Five Fundamental services, creates an opportunity for highly individualised care planning and structuring to ensure all children’s outcomes continue to be on a positive trajectory.