Five Rivers’ own schools provide a therapeutic educational framework that promotes emotional growth alongside academic success, and so encourages holistic child development.
This demands an exceptional team, and we are proud of the insight, skills and experience that our staff bring to ensuring that every boy and girl can achieve and grow to the full. As a service we expose them to, and encourage, educational opportunities of all kinds, equipping them to make a successful transition into further education, employment or training.
- To provide a well-ordered, positive and supportive environment where each child has the opportunity to flourish and succeed – whatever their talents or abilities.
- To promote high expectations of standards of work, conduct and appearance.
- To encourage participation in a caring and supportive community, founded on mutual respect.
- To sustain an ethos which enables students to develop into mature, independent citizens, equipped to make their contribution to a rapidly changing world.
- To establish a safe environment in which to develop positive behaviour, thus raising self-esteem.
- To encourage students to respect British values, set by the Government and used in the Independent School Standards. These focus on:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Outreach School Services – our 1 ACE programme offers access to therapeutic, holistic and Special Educational Needs provision
- Community Learning Environments – OFSTED-registered and rated independent specialist schools around England offering a range of academic, vocational, SEN and disabilities (SEND) options.
- In-house Learning Facilities – for the residents of Five Rivers children’s residential care homes.
We offer a range of supportive, safe environments for children and young people for whom mainstream and other school settings have not worked.
All our education plans are tailored to meet the needs of each individual. The aim is always to achieve reintegration into the mainstream, from where children can best interact with their peers on a journey towards becoming mature, independent citizens.