Make a referral
Referral Process for Local Authorities
We require full information and transparency from the referring authority to help us with:
- Risk assessment and management of the individual young person and the group
- Ensuring the home can meet the child or young person’s needs and provide safety
- The creation of thorough and specific care plans, and;
- Accurate risk-matching to our current residents.
Details on any areas of the following behaviours must be disclosed at the referral stage:
- MAPPA registration
- Being under investigation for arson or having an arson conviction
- Schedule 1 offences
- Recent episodes of psychotic behaviours
- Being actively suicidal
- Physical or sexual risk to adults or young people
- Any eating disorder requiring medical monitoring
- Treatment for drug/alcohol dependency
- Any recently self-harming incident which required a high level of intervention, any related assessments by a clinician and any risk management plans prepared.
We provide a daily observation record and analysis. Towards the end of the young person’s stay, a report is compiled detailing behaviours, potential causes and healthy responses, together with recommendations for future care provisions and any areas of concern.
For more information or to make a referral and discuss availability, please contact our Placements Team by calling 0800 389 8708.