Gender: Male & Female
Age Range: 6 - 18
Ofsted Rating: Coming Soon
1 ACE Virtual is the Five Rivers nationwide virtual education platform. We offer education and extra tuition to learners aged 6-18 years. We work closely with schools and local education authorities to offer quick response, flexible, bespoke education packages for children and young people experiencing placement changes, LEA (Local Education Authority) transitions, school changes and wellbeing.
1 ACE (Another Chance Education) is a methodology developed at Five Rivers by our team of outstanding education professionals. The approach develops the whole learner by adopting both a therapeutic and academic approach to ensure they achieve the best possible learning experience and outcomes. We also work closely with their parents/carers, and health and education professionals as part of the learner’s wider education support network.
1 ACE Virtual:
- Is Five Rivers’ nationwide virtual education platform.
- Offers quick response flexible online tuition.
- Education is delivered by a team of outstanding qualified teachers and SLEs (specialist leader of education) experienced in mainstream, SEND (special educational needs and disabilities), SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs) and trauma informed educational needs on a one-to-one or small group basis.
- Guarantees high quality teaching, communication and assessment.
- Offers attendance at education meetings to provide support, advocacy and advice.
“Over the past months, the engagement AC had with your lessons was so good – it’s a testament to the relationship you were able to build with AC as we know how much they have struggled with schooling.”
Quick response education
At 1 ACE Virtual we work closely with schools and local education authorities to create and develop a quick response education service that meets their needs.
- Quick response referral process.
- Quick response education placements.
- No long commitment periods.
- A short 5 minute one stop application process.
Quality assured teaching and learning
We offer high quality teaching communication and assessment and quality assure our teaching and learning in line with Ofsted requirements. Each lesson is individually planned and delivered by our team of qualified teachers who are experienced in mainstream, SEND, SEMH and trauma informed educational needs. All lessons are live and delivered on a one-to-one basis. We teach in line with the national curriculum framework and boast a wealth of knowledge and experience in primary, secondary and alternative education specialisms and diagnoses.
We feel that offering a consistent teacher to the learners we teach is important as it helps to build confidence and self-esteem. Our teachers are all Five Rivers employees.
“K was thrilled to bits last night, she felt she had really achieved something and came away with an understanding of something she had been struggling with.”
Feedback of a pupil studying with 1 ACE Virtual
Wider support network
At 1 ACE Virtual we work closely with parents/carers, and health and education professionals as part of the learner’s wider education support network and can offer as part of our commissioned services:
- Education consultancy and advice for the children we teach.
- Support and advise at statutory meetings for the children we teach.
- A pupil portfolio of information to aid a smooth transition to the pupil’s next education placement.
When our 1 ACE Virtual interim learners are ready to take their next steps back into education we work closely with the school and adopt a flexible step down approach informed by the learners needs. To aid this transition we can offer a pupil portfolio of information which contains (depending on duration):
- A pupil profile
- Base line assessments in core subjects
- An Individual Curriculum Plan
- Samples of work
- Progress reviews and reports
- Record of achievements
To discuss how Five Rivers 1 ACE Virtual Learning can help you or to make a referral please contact: [email protected] or call 07935 001693.
Policies available upon request.
1ACE Virtual Learning
Headteacher: Marie Barrowclough
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 07935 001693
Proprietor: Five Rivers Child Care Limited
Chair: David Howard
Phone: 01722 435750
Head office: Five Rivers Child Care Limited, 47 Bedwin Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UT
Phone: 0800 389 8708
Email: [email protected]
There were no complaints registered under the formal procedure during the preceding school year.