Can I be a foster carer?
First and foremost we’re looking for kind, patient carers who can provide a safe, stable family home. We need to ensure that the children who come to live with you are given the best opportunities, so that when they leave their care, they are better equipped to manage their lives outside the care system.
To achieve this goal as a carer is not an easy task; it has special challenges that require some special qualities. If you feel you can welcome someone new into your life and you meet the specific criteria below you can foster with us.
To foster with us you will:
- be child-focused and willing to offer a caring and secure home environment to children and young people who may be challenging and difficult to manage
- be 21 years of age or over
- have a spare room
- be fluent in English
- be resilient, tolerant and patient
- be willing and able to accept guidance and advice about working as a foster carer
- be prepared to work as part of a team of professionals and others involved in the lives of children and young people.
If you meet these criteria and have a genuine enthusiasm for making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children in care – foster with us.